Monday, November 28, 2005

Everything is Rent

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I couldn't stand waiting anymore and went to see the movie on Saturday night. I seriously had goosebumps during parts of it ("Seasons of Love", The Life Cafe Scene, "Take me for what I am"). I didn't love, love, love it, but I would definitely reccommend it to people who loved the play. I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD, too...so take that for what it's worth. I'm not feeling up to writing much of a review, but I will say I agree with much of what Roger Ebert says..and you can read that here. (Except, since I am a lover of the play, I'd give it 4 stars.)

I have the flu and feel yucky. That's why this isn't longer. Perhaps I'll edit later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, I can't wait to see it! So jealous you did. Though, I did manage to sneak out for a movie and REnt was full, so we saw Walk the Line. Also very very good. I'll wait for REnt on DVD--that way I can sing a long without annoying anyone besides my husband. ha!

miz fuhrell said...

jeni, where the F are you?!?!?!?!? Seriously, blogdom is experiencing a major drought, girl!!! Plus, I need to see photos of your punkins at Christmastime!