Saturday, November 05, 2005

525,600 Minutes

I just watched the trailers for Rent. You need to check them out here. I’ve got goose bumps. There’s this small part of me (the remaining bits of fundamentalism stuck in the cracks) that thinks I should be at least partially horrified by parts of this story, but there just seems to be something real about it. A glossy, movified, musical real, but real nonetheless.

I may go to see this musical by myself b/c I don’t want anyone ruining it for me.

My husband used to say that musicals were stupid b/c people don’t really break out into song like that. Then he spent a weekend at my parents’ home. HA. The Von Newswanger Family Singers.

I could be making a cool art project with my kids. I could be making roasted pumpkin seeds with my kids. I could be sewing something FOR my kids. Instead, I’m online getting goose bumps over movie trailers. Where are my kids? Watching TV. I’m such a slacker mom sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that longer online trailer so that I could get the goosebumps, too! :)

Kate is excited that it's coming out the same weekend as his birthday.

Anonymous said...

"My husband used to say that musicals were stupid b/c people don’t really break out into song like that. Then he spent a weekend at my parents’ home. HA. The Von Newswanger Family Singers." <-- Yeah, that! Dave says the same thing, despite the fact that my family sings all the time! I've never seen rent, but I'm looking forward to the movie.