Sunday, November 06, 2005

Brightness and Wonder...

That's what I thought tonight after witnessing one of the sweetest moments in mothering so far. Miriam and Alex are both very into holding my hand recently, especially to go down stairs. We were leaving the house and I was already on the sidewalk when Miriam started fussing about needing to hold my hand. I was on my way back to her, but Alex beat me to it. He went up the stairs, took her hand and helped her down. They held hands the whole way to Denise's house and back. I smiled the whole way.

Remember when the only part of her body to touch his was her teeth? Sigh...so glad those days are (mostly) over.

Oh, another thing I have to do recently is carry their sippy cups everywhere for them--because "they're too heavy, Mommy!"

No comments: