Thursday, September 01, 2005

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. . .

Tonight was better than this afternoon. This afternoon was better than last night. Hopefully it will continue to get better by degrees and I won’t go completely insane. Both the toddlers are going through an intense “mama” stage—to the point that “Daddy” won’t even do! It makes nap and bedtimes almost impossible, but Alex allowed Chris to put him to bed tonight and Miriam fell asleep really quickly. All three of our kids were asleep in bed (except Noah was downstairs on the floor!) by 9:30. Miracles do happen.

I got so frustrated with Alex today that I finally just put him in his room for nap and walked away. I was at an anger point I do not wish to get to again. However, I managed to talk nicely to him and get him calmed down a bit before I walked away. He was still fussing, but he fell asleep pretty quickly. It’s so hard to have a going-on-three-year-old who is basically non-verbal. And since he’s only been with us for 3 months, we haven’t learned all his ways of communicating. That’s getting better, too, though.

Sometimes I wish that my mom or someone lived with me and could be home with me every day helping out. Oh, how clean my house would be! How nice it would be for each toddler to have an adult to hold them! Well, I’ll make it work; I always do. Some day we’ll look back at these first days and think “Thank Goodness that’s over…thank God we got through it!”

No comments: