Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Back to life

Chris is back to work; I'm adjusting to having both kids by myself. Yesterday went really well. My friend Patty came over and hang out for while; she brought me greek food, too. Yummy. Miriam and Noah were well behaved, considering their ages.

Today, however, was crazy. Miriam threw a 45 minute fit b/c I wouldn't give her candy. It was an award winning fit, too...complete with deep shuddering breaths, attempts to bit and hit and beating the floor with hands and feet. I vacillated between being horrified and thinking she was cute (those cryin hiccups really are cute). I called Chris to get some adult feedback, but he was in a meeting (damn).

We're going back to being a candy-free zone. Miriam just can't handle the sweets and her mama and daddy don't need them. I'll still make cookies and stuff like that, but no hershey's kisses, etc.

I'm 1/2 way finished with knitting Miriam's shirt ("mama's knit me a shirt!"). It's the apron top from the Little Turtle Knits website.

I had more to say, but I'm so tired I forgot it.

No comments: