Monday, August 25, 2008

Feast of Lanterns.

A few of us from church participated in an artist's booth at Feast of Lanterns. I freezer-paper stencils some reclaimed T-shirts and mini-totes. I also made a few Pillowcase Dress/tops. I (finally, after about 8 years of thinking about it) made my first Buckwheat Hull Pillows. (I need to add lavender or other dried goodies/essential oils and make varied sizes). Of course, I have no pictures because I completely forgot the camera!

It was a miserably, miserably hot day. Miserable. BUT, it was great fun to hang out with friends, watch my kiddos play and see the other things people had on display.

Jena and I were happy to find the booth by Candice Hartsough McDonald and Sally Harless. Alas, I had no $$ to spend, but was quite thrilled to discover local artists that I really, really like doing things similar to what I've been drooling over online.

Happy Day.

3 comments:

Candice Hartsough said...

hooray! i'm glad the coloring was enjoyed! i thought to bring those at the last minute. if you ever want any more, they're up on my site, too :) you are right, it is awesome to find like-minded people right in your own town!

Mike and Lisa Bowling said...

Let Jena know I have carried my bag I bought from her at the feast of lanterns all over Ireland! I'm glad I skipped the junk food and bought the bag! Great pictures of the first day of school, but no pictures of Noah heading off to playschool.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

it was good to meet you last weekend. your kids are adorable.