Monday, September 10, 2007

Will he *ever* wean??

I’ve said that I wanted Noah to wean when he was ready…but he’s going on 31 months (that’s almost THREE!) with no signs of weaning. Well, that’s not entirely true. He’ll go days without nursing, then suddenly say, “Murr, Mama?” about 51,000 times.

I’m not really complaining, because I know I could wean him at any time if I truly wanted to and besides, would you say “no” to this face?


Besides, he’s probably my last baby—Do I really want him to grow up so fast?

Just FYI, I have no idea why he is pouting in this picture. I was taking pics of all the kids at Miriam's pirate birthday party; perhaps he didn't want his pic taken?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeni!
I'm so glad you're blogging again! I'm very intermittent on mine as well, but I had given up on you blogging again. Not that you have anything else to do! ;-) I saw on the New Monasticism website that your church hosted a School for Conversion over the summer. We are friends with Jonathan and are part of the new monasticism network. I'd love to hear about how that went for you all!

I hope you and your brood are well, and I must say that I loved your story about how you met Chris! I'm also a M. L'E. fan, and was sad to hear of her passing. Her words were a very deep part of my childhood and adolescence.

BTW, Clara is still nursing at 27 months, and is showing no signs of slowing down. I definitely have my moments of "Is this ever going to end???"

peace to you and yours,
Caren